“Where Your First Step is Your Longest Stride”Proud to be locally owned and operated!
X-CEL Physical Therapy provides aquatic therapy at our Northern Cambria location (Med-Van Complex). Aquatic Therapy uses the principles of water to provide an array of treatments to accelerate patients’ recovery. Our pool is heated to a 97 degree temperature providing an anti gravity relaxing environment. X-CEL has a exceptionally high recovery rate using our aquatics program. Ask us if Aquatics is right for you.
Vestibular and Balance Rehabilitation
Vestibular and balance rehabilitation is designed to help patients with acute and chronic symptoms of vertigo and dizziness. Some of the causes of vestibular and balance dysfunction is the following:
- BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo)
- Meniere’s Syndrome
- Accoustic neuroma
- Post concussion syndrome
- Cervical pain
Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE)
We at X-CEL Physical Therapy utilize OCCUPRO innovative industrial related software with an extensive physical assessment of an injured worker or accident victim to determine his or her ability to perform work-related tasks.
Functional Capacity Evaluations are a great tool to assist employers, physicicans, insurance companies and attorneys on the status of a patient either to return to work or establish functional ability.
Spinal Decompression Therapy
We at X-CEL use the most innovative spinal decompression device in our industry. Spinal decompression is applied with the goals of relieving pain and promoting an optimal healing environment for cervical and lumbar pain.
Spinal Decompression therapy would be optimal for:
- Back or neck pain
- Bulging or Herniated discs
- Back or neck strainsMuscle spasms
- Concussion and Post Concussion Treatment and Management
A concussion is an injury to the brain that results in temporary loss of normal brain function. It usually is caused by a blow to the head. In many cases, there are no external signs of head trauma. Concussions can lead to, but do not have to have a loss of consciousness to be considered a concussion.
Signs and Symptoms
These signs and symptoms can occur immediately or can take hours or days to develop
- Breif loss of conciousness
- Memory problems
- Sensitivity to light
- Balance problems
- Double or blurred vision
- Personality changes
Impact Testing (Immediate post concussion assessment and cognitive testing)
- One important piece of the overall concussion evaluation and management process.
- A sophisticated test of cognitive abilities.
- The most scientifically researched concussion management tool.
- A tool that can help health care professionals track recovery of cognitive processes following concussion.
- A tool to help communicate post-concussion status to athletes, coaches, parents, clinicians.
- A tool that helps health care professionals and educators make decisions about academic needs following concussion.