“Where Your First Step is Your Longest Stride”Proud to be locally owned and operated!
Concussion and Post Concussion Treatment and Management
A concussion is an injury to the brain that results in temporary loss of normal brain function. It usually is caused by a blow to the head. In many cases, there are no external signs of head trauma. Concussions can lead to, but do not have to have, a loss of consciousness to be considered a concussion.
Signs and Symptoms
These signs and symptoms can occur immediately or can take hours or days to develop:
- Brief Loss of Consciousness
- Memory Problems
- Sensitivity to Light
- Balance Problems
- Double or Blurred Vision
- Personality Changes
Impact Testing (Immediate Post-concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing)
- One important piece of the overall concussion evaluation and management process.
- A sophisticated test of cognitive abilities.
- The most scientifically researched concussion management tool.
- A tool that can help health care professionals track recovery of cognitive processes following concussion.
- A tool to help communicate post-concussion status to athletes, coaches, parents, and clinicians.
- A tool that helps health care professionals and educators make decisions about academic needs following concussion.